Birth Control/No period after coming off the pill

I just came off the pill in october (also when I had my last period) after being on it for 6 years. According to my period tracker I should have already had 2 more periods. I'm not pregnant as I haven't had intercourse since early September when I was still on the pill. I keep having period like symptoms, the bloating and pressure feeling, acne while the symptoms are at their peak but nothing. Is this normal when coming off the pill? When can I hope my periods to regulate themselves back out?

Dear Dawn, Thanks for your question. Is it possible that you could be pregnant from your last intercourse in Sept? Just a thought. Or you could be having the symptoms like you said from coming off the pill. The hormones can cause changes to your period. I can't tell you when your periods would regulate. I would recommend having a pregnancy test to make sure. You can get a free one at a local pregnancy center. To find a center, you can go to these websites and click on the worldwide directory. Or
Let me know what happens. You can email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.