Birth Control/Sex While On Implanon

Question
Hello.  My name is Kyel.  My girlfriend and I are both 18, and we are planning on having our first time in the near future.  She has been on birth control pills for about 6 days (not a lot, I know), and when she was at the clinic talking with people there, they mentioned Implanon.  She is planning to get it either after three months (she has three months worth of pills), or after this month if we decide on that.  My question is: Is it safe (how safe) to have sex without a condom if she has the Implanon?  I understand that there will be no STI protection, but she has been tested and is clean, and neither of us have had sex before.  Any information you can give me would be appreciated.  Thank you very much for your time.

Answer
Kyel,

I recommend that you don't have sex at this time at all. I would recommend to wait. Are you going to get married in the near future? Studies and testimonies of actual people have shown that emotionally it's better to wait.

But anyway, I don't recommend implanon. If you do an online search, you will find out about the side effects, etc. Once you have it implanted, it is very difficult to have to remove if you change your mind or have any serious side effects. So I would recommend doing more research. No birth control method is 100% safe in preventing pregnancy so I would not recommend having sex with implanon or birth control if you don't want her to get pregnant. Let me know what you think. My email address is CHERYL51@aol.com

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl