Birth Control/Skipping period on tri cyclen

Question
Hi there,

I'm on tri cyclen (bc with different levels of hormones) and would like to skip my period this month. Which method is better: skipping the week of placebo pills and starting with the first week of new pack right away or taking 3 weeks of a pack and then skipping placebo pills and replacing them with the pills from 3rd week of a new pack and then continuing by taking pills from week 2 and then week 1 (reverse order)

Answer
I don't ever recommend that someone alter their birth control method in order to skip a period. This can be harmful to your body and natural cycle. You would need to consult with your doctor about this. There are hormones in the pills and if you take them incorrectly, it can alter your natural cycle and cause problems in your body.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl