Birth Control/I can start my new Birth control pills in the middle of my menstrual cycle?

Question
Hi, I'm a Spanish girl and I have 25 years and polycystic ovaries, two weeks ago to stop taking the pills Yaz started because not regulate my period and retention gave me, today my doctor gives me pills for the change and I Loette told me to wait until my next period down, but my problem is that my polycystic ovaries suffer much pain all month, I'm taking almost 2 kg a week for water retention, I have a lot of anxiety daily and I can not concentrate penalties to study by anxiety and could take a long time to get off my next period because without pills was up to 3 months without my period and I do not hold as much time with these pains, and so I wanted to know if it is bad to begin today to take my Loette pills to see if I control all my symptoms again and regulo me a bit. I hope some answer and thanks for everything.

Answer
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for your message. You say you stopped taking birth control pills for a while and now want to start a new one. Your doctor told you to wait until your next period comes but you are wondering if you can start it now to alleviate symptoms of PCOS.

Yes, you can start the pill at any time you want so doing it now is okay.

You must keep in mind that for it to work to protect against pregnancy you have to have taken it for 7 days. So you will need to use condoms for the first 7 days of this pack, but after day 8 you will be protected from pregnancy.

Good luck,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth