Birth Control/Birth Control

Question
I'm considering getting on birth control for the first time, but I don't want to start without any research. I was wondering if my boyfriend and I should still use a condom even though I'm on birth control? Am I at risk of getting pregnant if we do not use a condom while I'm on birth control?

Answer
Hi, R,

Technically, after the first month of perfect birth control use you should be protected from pregnancy. However, I would really recommend also continuing to use condoms.  Not only do they protect you from STDs and make clean-up fabulously easy, but I get emails from girls every day who have accidentally skipped a pill or two, or who have delayed starting their next pack and they're terrified they're pregnant. Getting on birth control is a great idea, but think of condoms as your insurance policy that's in place to preserve, not only your peace of mind, but potentially,  your future.

Good luck,

Julia

Birth Control

Julia Fout