Birth Control/Discharge

Question
Hi. I'm 16 years old and 10 days ago began taking the yaz flex pills. I started the pill on the day of my period (period usually lasts between 6 - 7 days) and since then have noticed a brown discharge. I'm worried if their might be something wrong or if it is just my body adjusting to the pill or because i have very flow fluids. Please help!!

Answer
R,

Sounds like normal spotting to me. Discharge can appear brown when there is only a little bit of blood present. The first one to two months on a new birth control can be a little strange while your body adjusts to the drug. Keep an eye on it, and if it is still happening after a couple weeks, it might be time to talk to your doctor about a pill with slightly higher levels of hormones. However, for now you're still in the perfectly normal range :)

-Julia

Birth Control

Julia Fout