Birth Control/Pregnancy symptoms while on Mirena

Question
I had the Mirena inserted 6 months ago and I've been getting pregnancy symptoms. I've noticed my feet swelling which they never do unless I'm pregnant or have been walking for hours on end. Also I have increased my fluid intake I am always thirsty and have been getting up at night to urinate along with frequent urination during the day. I've taken two pregnancy tests both are negative. I try to ignore what's going on but its hard to not worry if there is even the smallest chance I could be pregnant.

Answer
It does sound like you might have pregnancy symptoms. I would recommend that you contact a pregnancy resource center and see if you can get a FREE test there. These centers usually provide free tests. You can find a center near you by going to http://www.optionline.org or http://www.heartbeatservices.org and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com with any updates. Yes, if you are pregnant, you will have to consult your doctor about the mirena. Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl