Birth Control/ALLEXPERTS

QUESTION: I stopped the pill about four months ago. I had two normal periods right on time. I missed my period the third month and am still waiting for this month. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. Is it possible stopping birth control could have made this happen?

ANSWER: Hi Adrienne, Yes, hormonal changes can affect your natural cycle. This is why I don't recommend hormonal birth control methods. It is possible that you are pregnant. It has happened that women are pregnant but the test comes up negative. See what happens in your next cycle. You can email me at and let me know what happens. You can get a FREE test at a local pregnancy center. To find a center near you, go to or and click on the worldwide directory.

Diane Cheryl

QUESTION: How long should I wait to take another test?

Dear Adrienne, Please contact the pregnancy center near you and tell them your situation. They should be able to tell you when is a good time to come in and take the pregnancy test. Do you have any pregnancy symptoms? Please email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.