Birth Control/Birth Control and Cervix Cancer

Question
I am 17 years old and I had my first period when I was 9 and ever since Ive had a very long period lasting 10 days with a heavy flow. I went to a gynecologist and since all my blood and urine exams were normal she sent me cyklokapron to take 3 times a day for as long as my period lasted. I took it but there were no changes. When I asked if I could use hormonal treatment (birth control) she said that giving me birth control before the age of 19 would significantly increase my chances of getting cervix cancer and that I should wait. I don't want to wait 2 years for birth control because 1) my period last so long that I get rashes from pads 2) I want to have safe sex and haven't had sex because I wanted to wait for birth control.
Is all this true? What should I do?

Answer
Stephanie, I do agree with your doctor. I have done much research on hormonal birth control and have come to the conclusion that I can't recommend it. I would encourage you to listen and not get on birth control at this time. Also, consider waiting until you are married to have sex and not getting on a hormonal birth control method. Let me know what you think. You can email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more. Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl