Birth Control/Birth control issue

Question
Hello, I am taking Sprintec and have been so for the past 6 months. I take it between 9-10 at night. 5 days ago I had forgotten to take it and the next morning had unprotected sex using the pull out method. I took it as soon as I remembered. Around 10 am that morning. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I have been having mild cramps and a little bit soreness in breasts. Although this may be due to stress, because I don't think I would be experiencing symptoms 4 days later. Please help! Thank you!

Answer
You're correct that you wouldn't be experiencing symptoms of pregnancy 4 days later.  Most likely your symptoms are due to stress.  There is always a slight risk of pregnancy with any method of birth control.  Your risk is extremely slight, enough that experts now don't recommend backup when a woman only misses one pill from her pack.  Since you took the pill about 12 hours later, your risk of pregnancy is not much different that if you had taken the pill on time the night before.  It's always a good idea to take the pill near the same time every day, but missing by just 12 hours leaves you almost as well protected.  Pregnancy is highly unlikely.

Birth Control

Norman Solberg