Birth Control/What kind of supplements can i take with my birth control.

Hi i am on tri- cyclen and i am wondering what kind of vitamins/ pills i am able to take with my birth control. I have Hair, skin, and nails and i also have Korean Panax Ginseng that i would like to start taking. Are they ok to take with my birth control? or should i not take them? What other vitamins or supplements can i take? One a day, weight loss, etc.

In general I would say that any vitamins or supplements that are safe to take are safe to take with birth control pills.

Medical experts in general think that it's better to eat a healthy diet than take vitamins and supplements.  One daily multivitamin and perhaps vitamin D daily are probably sufficient for most people.  Anything more than that is not likely to make much difference.

Birth Control

Norman Solberg

I am an OB-GYN physician. I can answer almost any question related to women's health.

35 years in an active OB-GYN practice.

Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology

MD OB-GYN specialist