Birth Control/break throu bleeding

dear Julia,

I have been on yasmine pills for 2 years now with no problem until the last 4 months I been spotting and having break through bleeding while taking the active pills when am not on a period. does that mean the pill is not being effective and I could get pregnant?

Hi Lama, I see that you wrote your question to Julia but somehow your question was in the question pool at
So I am answering. Yes, I would say that spotting and break through bleeding could be a problem for you. You should really talk to your doctor about this. I think you could possibly get pregnant. Please email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.