Birth Control/What to expect after Mirena removal

Question
How long after having the Mirena removed should I expect it to take for me to have my period again?

I had a Mirena for about 2.5 years. For a little over a year of that time, I had no periods, but after my baby's milk intake decreased, my periods returned. They were a bit irregular (almost always coming every 3-4 weeks, though) and light.

My Mirena was removed almost 5 weeks ago, on the 2nd day of my last period. My period was heavier than normal but otherwise not unusual. However, since then my period has not come. The pregnancy tests I've taken have been negative, and I have not experienced any pregnancy symptoms (or symptoms of an oncoming period). How much longer would you expect it to take?

Answer
Since you were having periods every 3-4 weeks before the Mirena was removed, I don't think the Mirena is responsible for your missed period.  Women miss periods for a number of reasons, the most common one being stress.  Since your pregnancy test is negative, you're probably not pregnant.  Most likely your period will come sooner or later, but it's hard to predict just when.  Assuming that you wish to become pregnant, I would consider seeing your doctor pretty soon, since the missed period suggests that you haven't ovulated since having the Mirena removed.

Birth Control

Norman Solberg