Birth Control/missed depo

I have three girls and for every three i had chose to be on depo after birth. Well i had my third child in April 2012 and I've been on it since. Now i was due for my last shot Nov 3,2013 and i missed it. I usually spot and discharge before I'm due for my next shot but this last time i didn't discharge or spot. I took a pregnancy test sometime last week and it was negative. I always have unprotected sex with my husband. I don't want to be prego and i want to get back on the shot but am scared i might be pregnant and its too early to tell but i just don't want to hurt the baby with the depo when i do get it with out knowing. Please Please Please help me

Hi Jen, Thanks for your question. I am so sorry for the delay in getting your question. Has anything further happened since you posted your question? Let me know. You can email me privately at

Yes, it might be dangerous to get on the depo shot if you are pregnant. If you haven't already, you can try another pregnancy test to see. You can get a free test at a local pregnancy resource center. To find one in your area, go to or and click on the worldwide directory.

Please let me know what happens.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.