Birth Control/Could my birth control have been active?

QUESTION: In January i was taking birth control the first two weeks, but i often missrd days or took it late. I had a period feb 10 through 15 so im guessing ive ovulated since stopping i started it again on feb 19 i had unproteced sex on feb. 21, 22, and 24 my cycle is 27 days long so I would have ovulated on saturday the 23 my question is could i end up pregnant? & how likely is it? Or was the birth control effective?

ANSWER: Dear Khyle, Yes, you could be pregnant because of not taking the pill correctly. But also, anytime you have sex, even if you are using some kind of birth control method, you can still get pregnant. There is no 100% safe method to avoid pregnancy. Also, you said you had unprotected sex, but even if you were using a bc method, you can get pregnant. Also, you really did not say when you had sex or the frequency. So I can't really tell you the likelihood. You will have to get a pregnancy test and you can get a free test at a local pregnancy center. To find a center near you, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Please let me know if you have any other pregnancy symptoms. You can email me at

Diane Cheryl

QUESTION: We had sex the morning of february 21, 22, and 24. He did ejaculate in me for sure. & I have had some spotting on Saturday March 10 it lasted until Tuesday, but it was not like a period at all I had little to no cramping & it was bright pink & on Sunday it was bright red. It wasn't even enough to fill a panty liner or a light tampon. I've had some nausea & some vomiting. &.I'm more tired than usual. I took a pregnancy test on Monday, but it was negative. So I'm not sure what to do.

You could be pregnant from what you are describing to me. It's possible that your test was really positive but didn't show up that way. You can try another test. You can get a FREE pregnancy test at a local pregnancy center. To find a center in your area, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at and let me know what happens.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.