Birth Control/Lower back pain and brown discharge

I've been having pretty severe lower back pain for about 6 days. It keeps shifting too. It started in the area of left dimple then moved to the middle, then to both dimples and now it's back to the left back dimple. On top of that its time of my ovulation. However, I'm having a very dark brown, almost black discharge (together with egg white like). It doesn't have any smell. But I've never had this kind of discharge in my life mid cycle. It's always clear or white. And together with the prolonged and severe lower back pain it got me really worried. What might this be? The back pain keeps pulsating and doesn't ease up at all.
I've used a little bit of Natural Progesterone Cream for about 6 days in hopes to stop the ovulation due to an ovarian cyst. But then I developed this lower back pain that I've never had in my life. So, I stopped using NPC and now my body is ovulating. However, I'm afraid that I messed something up with NPC.

I'm 28 years old. Recently been to OBGYN. Everything was fine besides the small ovarian cyst on my right ovary. I ovulate regularly and my periods are regular as well. I'm kind of scared right now. And I just lost my insurance. I'm gonna have a new one only in April. What should I do? Does it sound like something serious?"

Anastasia, Please don't wait until April to consult a doctor. See if you can get some financial help somewhere or somehow. I don't have health insurance at all and sometimes I can tell a doctor I don't have insurance and they help you out financially. Or see what kind of other financial help you can get. Some locations have free clinics that you can access. I can't diagnose over the internet and to me it sounds concerning. Plesae email me at and let me know what is happening.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.