Birth Control/Postinor 2

Question
QUESTION: Hello.
My period came last month slightly early by several days as I have taken ECP and it appears that this month I have no PMS symptoms whatsoever and my period is due today. Could it be possible that my period will be irregular? It's been a month since I have taken ECP.

ANSWER: Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your message.

It's been a couple of days now, so I wonder if your period has already come.

Basically, taking ECP can change your period and cycles for a little while. However you say you had a period since taking ECP, but you don't say if you have had more unprotected sex since then.

If you have not had more unprotected sex then you will not be pregnant because your last period was after you took the ECP, indicating that the ECP worked. All this would mean is that the ECP has messed with your cycle schedule.

But if you did have unprotected sex since your last period, then this is a different matter because each cycle is a separate risk of pregnancy. If you have had more unprotected sex since your last period, and your period is more than one week late you can talk to your doctor about it as you may be pregnant.

Take care,
Allison

QUESTION: Thanks for your time. I do think it's not possible to be pregnant.

I did not have any sexual intercourse ever since my period came. However I am curious is it possible to have spotting on the first day of my period whereby on the third day, it was full and it lasted for 6 days.

Moreover, is it possible to have my period delay as it has been 7 days already.

ANSWER: Hello again Michelle,

It is certainly possible to have spotting for a few days and a longer lasting period. Taking ECP does change your cycle but it should be back to normal by next time.

If you are worried you can always go and speak with the doctor that gave you the ECP, however your period should come soon and be back to a normal cycle by the next month.

Take care,
Allison

QUESTION: Hello. I took a pregnancy test on Monday (25/2) and it was negative.
On the following day, I had protected sex using postinor 2.

Is it possible for period to come late?

Answer
Hi Michelle,

As I said before, taking ECP does mess with your cycle so that's why your period might come late, especially seeing as you have had a negative pregnancy test and only had protected sex.

You seem very anxious about this, so if your period hasn't come already then I would suggest talking to your doctor or a family planning helpline about this.

Take care,
Allison  

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth