Birth Control/depo shot

Question
"I have been experiencing hot flashes, nausea throughout the day, not able to sleep at night, bloating, constipation. I am currently on my 3rd depo shot as of Feb2013. I am 31 years old. I am not sexually active. I started getting these symptoms back n Feb after getting my 3rd shot.

My 4th injection is due April 19- May 3.
I called the place where I go and get the shot and they couldn't help me as far as telling me why i have these symptoms. They just told me not to get the shot again."

I feel horrible

Answer
Hi Cynthia, Thanks for your question. The symptoms you described sound like they could be side effects from the hormones in the depo shot. I never recommend it as I feel that it is unhealthy for a woman's body. Why are you getting the depo shot if you are not sexually active? Just curious. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com and hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl