Birth Control/depo shot

"I have been experiencing hot flashes, nausea throughout the day, not able to sleep at night, bloating, constipation. I am currently on my 3rd depo shot as of Feb2013. I am 31 years old. I am not sexually active. I started getting these symptoms back n Feb after getting my 3rd shot.

My 4th injection is due April 19- May 3.
I called the place where I go and get the shot and they couldn't help me as far as telling me why i have these symptoms. They just told me not to get the shot again."

I feel horrible

Hi Cynthia, Thanks for your question. The symptoms you described sound like they could be side effects from the hormones in the depo shot. I never recommend it as I feel that it is unhealthy for a woman's body. Why are you getting the depo shot if you are not sexually active? Just curious. Please email me at and hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.