Birth Control/Lost last active pill

Hi lost my last active pill in my 28 day combination pill pack. So I never took it that day. I got my period a day early, and haven't had sex recently before or after so pregnancy isn't a problem. My concern is when I should take my next active pill. I was going to start a day earlier to keep the hormone free days at the usual seven, but I was wondering if that would affect my health at all and if I'd stay protected.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Krystal, I'm not sure how to answer you on this question. You might want to ask your doctor or pill provider. Have you considered not being on birth control at all if you aren't having sex. Or if you need birth control in the future, to go on some kind of non-hormonal method? Let me know what you think. My email address is

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.