Birth Control/Birth control

Question
I started taking the birthcontroll pill like a little less then a week  before I was supposed to have my period, my period never came... Did the birth control work that fast or should I get a pregnancy test? I had all the symptoms of my period but I just didn't bleed. I was bloated, my breasts were sore, I had head achs, cramps, the whole mine yards, just no blood. What do you think??

Answer
Usually starting the pill won't keep a period from coming, although it's possible.  Since you've missed a period, I would do a pregnancy test (first morning urine).  If it's negative, I would believe it and continue taking the pill.  Often starting the pill late in the month means that you'll have breakthrough bleeding the first month, so don't be surprised if you get some spotting or bleeding this pack.

Birth Control

Norman Solberg