Birth Control/Late period

Question
Hello.
I have been taking postinor 2 for the last few months and I only stopped using postinor 2 as my emergency contraceptive in January. In results, my period was late and delayed all the way to March 5th to 11th. I would like to know whether it's normal for delay of periods? On March 28th and April 1st, I had unprotected sex using withdrawal method as I thought it's way past my ovulation. Is it possible to be pregnant ? Besides, my period is supposedly due on April 5th but on that particular week, I have been stressing about my finals which I think it may affect my cycle as well.  I do had stomach upsets, I have not suffered from frequent urinating and constipation. Should I be worried as I am 7-8 days late.

Michelle

Answer
Hi Michelle, As you might know, there are hormones in these medications which can result in problems with your normal cycle. Why are you taking emergency contraceptives many times? If you are, this can be quite dangerous to your health. Anytime you have sex, whether seemingly "protected" or using the withdrawal method, you can get pregnant. There is no 100% safe method of birth control. Yes, you are right. Stress can affect your natural cycle. Have you taken a pregnancy test? I'm not sure if you have any pregnancy centers in your area, but if you do have one, you can get a FREE test there. Go to http://www.heartbeatservices.org and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more.

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl