Birth Control/Lost my pills

Question
I've been taking brith control for over 5 years. I lost my pills by accident and won't have acces to a new box until next week. I'm taking femiane and I had left pills for 7 more days.  I decided to stop  them and start a new one when I have acces. I don't know when should I though. Do I start them the first day of my period?

Thanks,

Allie

Answer
Hi Allie

Thanks for your message. You can start the pills at any time, as long as you ALSO use condoms as a back up method for the first 7 days because it will take that long before the pills start working again. Starting day 8 the pills will be effective on their own for birth control.

I hope this helps,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth