Birth Control/Missed Period on Birth Control

Question
Hi, I've been taking birth control for almost 6 months and I decided to skip the placebo pills because my boyfriend was coming home for the weekend. I am about to finish all the placebo pills for this current package and still haven't gotten my period. When we had sex I was on the pill and there was no sign of condoms breaking. I've been stressing out but I am trying to reason with myself that is because I just had knee surgery and have been taking lots of killers. Therefore, my main question is what is the likelihood of me being pregnant?

Answer
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your message.

You say you skipped the placebo pills recently, and in this latest pack you have almost finished the placebo pills but your period hasn't come yet. You are wondering about pregnancy. You imply that you were also using condoms.

There is no chance of pregnancy if you have been taking the pill accurately (that is once each day at approximately the same time) as well as using condoms which did not break.

There are many reasons you period might be delayed. It could be because you have taken 6 weeks of hormone pills in a row and your body is a little bit confused. Your period should come soon or at least by the next month. If it still hasn't come next month then it might be wise to see a doctor, but certainly you cannot be pregnant from this situation.

Hope this helps,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth