Birth Control/missed pill

Question
Dear. Dr.  allison,††††††††††††††††††††††††††††.          i'm using yasmin† birth control for almost 2 yrs now. The day before yesterday I started a new pack but yesterday I forgot to take a pill,so I took the missed pill today in the morning and will take todays pill at 7 pm.. is there a possibilty I could get pregnant but I didn't have sex the week before I forgot the pill... and shud I use a backup method and can I use the morning after pill with the yasmin pills to protect myself from prgnancy?†††††††††.          Thanks

Answer
Dear Iama,

Thank you for your question. I am happy to answer you, as I am a trained sexual health educator, but not a doctor.

The rule for forgetting a pill is to take is as soon as you realize that you forgot it. Because you took it within a day, and you did not have sex for the week before, then you will still be covered for preventing pregnancy.

You can read more about the rules for forgetting pills here: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/miss-combined-pill.aspx

Take care,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth