Birth Control/quick question about effectiveness of late pill?

So I've been taking the combination pill Lessina, which is a low dose pill, for about two solid months now, and I recently started a new pack this week (this will be my third month) and my period ended a few days ago. As of today, i am on my 5th active pill for the new pack. I've faithfully taken each pill as directed every day around the same time for the past two months, but about two days ago I was 14 hours late, so I doubled up and took two the next day. However, today I had unprotected sex for the first time since my last pack before my period, and he pulled out but there is a chance that something could've gotten inside of me. I'm aware that it is possible for pregnancy to occur, but what are the chances? Should I worry and consult my doctor?
Thank you!
Btw, I read that low dose pills sometimes aren't as reliable in terms of coverage as the regular pill if they aren't taken at the exact same time every day, and sometimes I take mine an hour or two this a problem?
Thank you!

Martha, The hour or two late shouldn't be a problem, in my opinion. But I don't think taking it 14 hours late and doubling up was a good idea. There is always a chance of pregnancy every time you have sex. No method of birth control is 100% safe in preventing pregnancy.I would recommend finding another method of birth control that is not hormonal. Let me know what happens. You can contact a pregnancy resource center and find out when you could go there and get a FREE test. You can find a center near you at or and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.