Birth Control/quick question about effectiveness of late pill?

Question
Hi!
So I've been taking the combination pill Lessina, which is a low dose pill, for about two solid months now, and I recently started a new pack this week (this will be my third month) and my period ended a few days ago. As of today, i am on my 5th active pill for the new pack. I've faithfully taken each pill as directed every day around the same time for the past two months, but about two days ago I was 14 hours late, so I doubled up and took two the next day. However, today I had unprotected sex for the first time since my last pack before my period, and he pulled out but there is a chance that something could've gotten inside of me. I'm aware that it is possible for pregnancy to occur, but what are the chances? Should I worry and consult my doctor?
Thank you!
Btw, I read that low dose pills sometimes aren't as reliable in terms of coverage as the regular pill if they aren't taken at the exact same time every day, and sometimes I take mine an hour or two late..is this a problem?
Thank you!

Answer
Martha, The hour or two late shouldn't be a problem, in my opinion. But I don't think taking it 14 hours late and doubling up was a good idea. There is always a chance of pregnancy every time you have sex. No method of birth control is 100% safe in preventing pregnancy.I would recommend finding another method of birth control that is not hormonal. Let me know what happens. You can contact a pregnancy resource center and find out when you could go there and get a FREE test. You can find a center near you at http://www.optionline.org or http://www.heartbeatservices.org and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more.

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl