Birth Control/If she should use birthcontrol

My girlfriend and I had sex a few days ago but she wasn't on birthcontrol, we are not going to have sex for a while and is she is wondering when should she take birthcontrol, we won't have sex until a few months later or a year later. And does taking birthcontrol help prevent pregnancy after having sex?

Is there a reason why you are not having sex for a while? Just curious. I would recommend not having sex until marriage but just wondering if you were agreeing with that. I wouldn't recommend taking birth control because I don't believe all those hormones are healthy for a woman. So no, I wouldn't recommend her taking birth control. About the birth control, are you talking about pills? No, taking birth control after having sex doesn't really do anything. A woman has to be on birth control for some period of time before it takes effect. Also, birth control is not 100% safe in preventing pregnancy. There is always a chance of pregnancy whenever you have sex.
Let me know what you think of all this. You can email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.