So i have been on birth control for 3 months and have never skipped a day or missed a pill, always taken at the same time. For some reason, on my 20th day of active pills I started my period, I did have a bit of spotting a few days before. I have just put that down to stress really.
SO that was Friday that I came on and usually I come on 3 days after I have finished my active pack. Which would be Tuesday. I still took the last pill in the pack on the Saturday.

My question is: As my period started on Friday and is consequently going to end mid week, do I still wait until Sunday to start my new pack? Is it going to cause me any problems? I am going on holiday in 10 days and I really don't want to be on my period. I am worried that I am going to have some sort of double period or that starting the new pack so long after finishing my period that it will make it start again?

Please help, thank you so much

Becky, I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question. I hope you were able to get an answer from your doctor or pill provider. I advise you to go by the instructions if you can't contact your doctor. Please let me know what happened. You can email me at
I don't usually recommend birth control pills because of hormonal side effects. Please consider another form of birth control. Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.