Birth Control/Will i get pregnant?

Question
Hi Madam, recently i went for a vacation on the 2nd day after my period. I forgot to bring my pills along so on that night i wasn't on my pills and me and my hubby were sexually active. But i start taking my pills the next day itself when i went back home. And also been engaged sexual intercourse on that night too. Is there any chance that i could have been conceived? I am on Microgynon 30 pills.

Answer
Dear Nurul,

Thank you for your message. Am I right that you only forgot to take your pill for one day, and when you returned home you took the missed pill (resulting in taking 2 pills in one day)?

If that is true, then you are not at risk for pregnancy, so long as you have been taking your pills as prescribed.

See here for more information on missed pills: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/miss-combined-pill.aspx

Take care,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth