Birth Control/Will i get pregnant?

Hi Madam, recently i went for a vacation on the 2nd day after my period. I forgot to bring my pills along so on that night i wasn't on my pills and me and my hubby were sexually active. But i start taking my pills the next day itself when i went back home. And also been engaged sexual intercourse on that night too. Is there any chance that i could have been conceived? I am on Microgynon 30 pills.

Dear Nurul,

Thank you for your message. Am I right that you only forgot to take your pill for one day, and when you returned home you took the missed pill (resulting in taking 2 pills in one day)?

If that is true, then you are not at risk for pregnancy, so long as you have been taking your pills as prescribed.

See here for more information on missed pills:

Take care,

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth

I can answer questions about how to choose which method of contraception is right for you, how to deal with mistakes, effectiveness, and emergency contraception. I also have training in HIV, STIs, and sexual health education. I cannot tell you what is the right choice, but I can tell you the pros and cons of each method to help you make an informed decision for your circumstances. If you have had a condom break or had unprotected sex and need emergency contraception please call you local Planned Parenthood or check out

I have been working in the field of sexual health for a decade with specific training in contraception, STIs, HIV, and sexual problems. I have worked in several Planned Parenthood-affiliated charities, telephone helplines, research, education, and currently work for a local health authority evaluating HIV programs in the city.

Macbeth, A., Weerakoon, P., Sitharthan, G. (2009). Australian Parentsí Opinions about School-based Sexual Health Education. Sexual Health. 6, 328-333. I write a weekly advice column for Morning Quickie website which can be found here:

I have a Masters in Applied Science (Sexual Health) where I did research on sex education in schools and at home with parents and young people, as well as many counselling skills courses.

I have worked extensively with young people under 25, people living with or affected by HIV, and parents.