Birth Control/Birth control patch

Im 17 and have had my period for roughly 2.5 years. I am sexually active and want to make sure that I'm fully protected. I just recently got the birth control patch and I want to start it but I haven't had my period since I picked up the prescription. I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant because I took a test. Can I start the patch even thought I'm not on my period and haven't had one for almost 2 months now?

I cannot really answer your question as I don't recommend the birth control patch at all. I have heard stories about side effects and women actually dying from this method. Please consider a non-hormonal method. You can email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.