Birth Control/EC/ Late period/ Pregnancy

Question
Hello there,

My boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex. The first two times we did it, he ejaculated twice "outside" of me. However, I became concerned as to whether there was pre-ejaculatory fluid inside me before he actually ejaculated outside of me. So, the next day, I bought an emergency contraceptive (EC). Over the past month, I have used two emergency contraceptives. The pharmacist informed me that my period would be late by a week when I purchased the first dose of EC. Because I have taken two, is there an estimated time that my actual period will come? My menstrual cycle is usually a 28 day period with a 7 day fluctuation of early or late. Secondly, how likely is it for one to  become pregnant if one was vaginally penetrated after ejaculation, but the man wiped down his penis to remove any visible semen? The question sounds a bit redundant and silly, but I would like to know the chances of this occurring. Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hi Erica,

Thanks for your message.

Any time you take EC the recommendation is that your period should come within 3 weeks. If it's longer than 3 weeks then they would recommend a pregnancy test. Whether or not you took two or one or even more won't affect when your period comes, it is always 3 weeks from the last one you took.

And if you are penetrated after ejaculation then there would be a small chance of pregnancy (if it was close to ovulation time) as there would be still some sperm in his urethra and near the tip of the penis. As well, like you say there is also a chance with precum sometimes having sperm in it.

Hope this helps,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth