Birth Control/3 month injection effectiveness

Question
I gave birth in May 2012 and my period has not returned since I gave birth. At the hospital they gave me the 2 month injection birth control. I went in July for my next shot and was told the doctor only has the 3 month injection so I took that. I went in October for my next shot and skipped my January shot. I only went in March. I was supposed to go two weeks ago but did not go for my 3 month shot. My husband and I have had unprotected sex twice the past two weeks. I need to know if the 3 month injection is still in my system. I do not want another baby. I have not had any indication of a menstrual period since last year. Should I be worried. I want to know if I can go off the 3 month injection and use contraceptive pills instead. I would like my period to return. How long should I wait. Can I go on the contraceptive pill right now or do I wait until I get a period and do I need to use barrier contraception in the meanwhile?
Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi Caren, I cannot tell you the possibility of the birth control injection still being in your system. So you're saying that you have not had a period for a long time? So you can't tell if you are pregnant or not? I found this question in the question pool at allexperts.com so I know there is a delay in my answer. Let me know if you found anything out yet about your situation. Please check with your doctor about contraceptive questions as he/she would be the best because they know all your medical history. But if you are really worried about stopping pregnancy, then a barrier method would help. Why do you not want any more children? Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com and we can talk more.

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl