Birth Control/Birth control

Hi, I've been taking Alesse for a while, but I've had decreased libido and vaginal dryness for about a year. I started taking birth control because of my heavy periods and menstrual cramps that made me throw up. Before alesse I was on tri-cyclen lo and that gave me crazy mood swings but didn't help my heavy periods, so I was wondering if there was a pill "in between" those two that would increase my sex drive a little but not affect my periods?

Hi Vanessa, I found your question in the question pool at
So I don't know who you asked the question to originally. I really can't give you medical advice about a birth control pill. You will have to ask your doctor about this. I usually don't recommend any kind of hormonal birth control. Because of the side effects, such as you mentioned. Please let me know what happens. You can email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.