Birth Control/Breakthrough Bleeding on the Pill

This is my first month of birth control, "Junel Fe 1 MG-20 MCG Tablet". I started bleeding around the 27th which was during my active pills, the end of my 2nd week. I've been bleeding lightly since. I started the placebo pills on Sunday, 3 days ago. I thought it was over last night, in fact most of the night I didn't wear any tampon or pad and there was no bleeding, but alas I woke up this morning still bleeding. What is my best bet to stop it? Should I continue the placebo pills until they end? Should I start my next pack now? This has really been getting in the way..if you know what I mean. It's been so long of bleeding and I'm getting so unbelievably fed up with it. Should I stop bleeding on placebos if I had a period the week before? The whole reason I got birth control was to control my periods.

Hi Hailey, I realize it's been a while since you asked your question. I just found your question in the question pool at
I don't know who you originally asked the question to, but I just received it. So you must have found a solution to your situation. You might want to talk to your doctor about all this. I don't recommend any kind of hormonal birth control (pills) because there are side effects to the hormones. Please email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.