Birth Control/depo provera

I've been on the depo provera shot for about 3 going on 4 months now and I've had so many problems after receiving it that I'm wondering if it was a good idea. I had a miscarriage 3 going on 4 months ago when my doctor basically forced me on the shot to prevent another from happening. Since then I've recently had a hard lower abdomen, my vision goes black(without passing out), shaky hands all the time, and headaches. My mother has also said she sees signs of premature menopause. I'm at a loss for words on this one. Could all this be happening because of the depo shot? My doctor said no but I'm not satisfied. I've talked with numerous doctors about this. Some refuse to give me straight answers, let alone talk to me about what's going on. Any advice?

Hi Montana, I'm not a doctor but have researched this subject for many years. I would never recommend the depo shot and believe that there are many side effects from this. I would definitely tell you never to get it again. If your doctor forces you to have the shot, it's time to find a different doctor. Talk to your friends and try to find a doctor that is more natural and wouldn't suggest a hormonal form of birth control. Do you have any living children? Please email me at so we can talk in private.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.