Birth Control/The pill.

Question
"Hi , I'm 16teen years old, i had recently had sex with my partner , and he had told me the condom kinda slipped off , i had went to a clinic for a plan B , and the doctor suggested me to take birth control pills , i agreed and i have been taking them for days now , i don't feel comfortable taking them. my partner and i had decided not to have sex until the future , we only had sex that one time. , if i stop taking them , will it be bad ? would it affect me ? will i end up pregnant ? I'm just worried about my self ending up pregnant . please help!"

Answer
Dear Veronica,

Thanks for your message. You say you had recently started taking birth control pills but would like to stop and are wondering how that would affect you and chances of pregnancy.

The only way you would be pregnant is if you had unprotected sex within a day or so of stopping the pills. However, as you say you have not had sex in a few days and at that time you took plan B, there is no way you could be pregnant in this situation.

It's definitely safe to just stop the pills now and not take any more.

Whenever you do decide to start having sex again, keep in mind there are a lot of options besides the pill and you can take your time to look into them to see which one works best for you and your partner. Feel free to email me again in the future if you have any other questions.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth