Birth Control/Stopping birth control

I stopped birth control 2.5 weeks into a new pack. A few days later I bled for 4-5 days. Is this considered withdrawal bleeding or a "period"? Does withdrawal bleeding mean not pregnant? Could I have gotten pregnant before this bleeding? When would I expect to ovulate next?

Hi Grace, I just got your question so has anything else happened by now? Why did you decide to stop the pills? Just curious. I can't tell you if you had a period or if it was from discontinuing the pill. Yes, you could have gotten pregnant. You should call a pregnancy resource center and find out if you can get a free pregnancy test done there. To find a center near you, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Please email me at and we will talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.