Birth Control/birth control

alright so in about a week from now my mom is taking me to get birth control and I don't want her to find out that I have been sexually active. The doctors cannot tell her I have been if I don't want them to can they? Will she be in the room with me?

Most doctors will honor your confidentiality and not tell your mother anything without your consent.  I can't guarantee that for all doctors.

As to whether your mother will be in the room, that would be your choice.  If you request that your mother leave the room during your exam, the doctor should honor that request.  Some minors prefer to have their mother stay for the exam, and some don't.  If you don't specifically ask that your mother not be in the room, she's likely to stay.  

Birth Control

Norman Solberg

I am an OB-GYN physician. I can answer almost any question related to women's health.

35 years in an active OB-GYN practice.

Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology

MD OB-GYN specialist