Birth Control/What birth control is good for me?

Hi, I'm 13 and I really want to start using birth control. Ive had my period for over a year and it sucks. its lasts a long time and its heavy and i hate it. I want a birth control that will either eliminate my period entirely or where i will only have it for like 3 days a month and when i have it its really light. I also want one that helps with acne and if possible causes weight loss and other body improvements. And hopefully with little or no harmful side effects. I dont know how to approach my mom about this subject because it seems really awkward. Thanks :)

Hi Mady, Unfortunately, there really isn't any birth control pill that will do that for your period. All women would love if there was such an option but there isn't. There is also no birth control method that is safe and without risks. Most hormonal methods, such as birth control pills, shot or implant can be very dangerous and have side effects. Some risks and side effects could be short term and some could last the rest of your life. I can't recommend you to take this plan of action. You just have to do your best with your period. You will make it through. All women have for thousands of years. Write me at and we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.