Birth Control/To Need Help

I am 20 years old advised by my doctor to use meliane Contraception pills I will be using it for the first time the issue is that the leaflet of the tablet pack says that I have to start with the Fist  day of my period i am confused as my periods ended day before yesterday so do I have to wait till my periods start again or I have to start from Friday which was the first day of my last period

Hello, Thanks for your question. I would advise you to consult with your doctor about the use of the pill. I don't recommend hormonal birth control in general. I feel that the hormones have side effects and risks. I would urge you to consider a different birth control method if you really need to use birth control. Please let me know what happens. You can email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.