Birth Control/Birth Control

I'm a 16 year old from Georgia and my boyfriend and I have decided that birth control is the best option for our relationship. He gets tired of buying condoms often and id rather not use them. I would rather not ask my parents about this situation. My boyfriend is of legal age and would take me to appointments and pay for the birth-control. Cost is a huge factor for us. I would like to know what I would need to go to the health department and obtain birth control. I do NOT want to use my insurance in fear of my parents finding out. I would much rather be on the pill or get the shot. Thank you.

Dear Jahna, I cannot recommend birth control for someone your age. In fact, I would discourage you from having sex or a relationship with a man of legal age. I fear that he may be taking advantage of you. I also don't know the state laws of Georgia. Please email me at so we can talk more. I can't recommend the depo shot or birth control pills. In fact, I just received a question from a lady who has had problems from the hormones in the depo shot. I can't recommend that at all. Also, there are hormones in birth control pills. Research has been showing that there can be health problems from these hormonal methods. Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.