Birth Control/First time using birth control pills

Question
This is my first time using birth control pills. My doctor told me to start the active pills when I get my period. And so I did. But my friend told me that you're suppose to start the sugar pills when you get your period.. I am on week 2 of my active pills and my period had recently stopped after week 1. Was I really suppose to start the sugar pills and not the active pills? Will my period come again during the sugar pills? Can you please tell me the correct way I was suppose to use birth control pills as a newbie/beginner?

Answer
Michelle, You should go by what your doctor says or by the instructions that come with the pills. Did you do that? I can't tell you what the right way is because I don't know the name of the pill you take and I can't know all the different kinds of pills. So please check with your doctor. I really don't recommend hormonal birth control, which the pill is. Do you really need to take birth control pills at all in this time of your life? Why don't you email me so we can talk more about options. My private email address is CHERYL51@aol.com
Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl