Birth Control/missed period

Hi, i have been on femiane for the past five years to regulate my period, as it was never consistent prior.For the past 3 months however my period only lasted two day instead of the regular 4 days. Also on the first day i started having a thick darkish brown discharge Instead of red in which i am accustomed to. This month however no period came but i experienced all the cramps, headache and bloating as i normal do when it comes. I have taken my pill on time every say and not missed any days. What can be the cause of this missed period?

Hi Sasha, How are you doing? Please consult your doctor about this problem. Are you saying that you didn't have any problem for 5 years and just started having the discharge? Sometimes your body can get "used" to the pill and won't be as effective anymore. Is there any chance you could be pregnant? Please email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.