Birth Control/Safe

So today I accidently left my pills at home, so I usually take my birth control at or around 11am and today I didn't get to take it until 2:50 or 3, I only have 4 more active (blue) pills in my pack then a week of the inactive (white) pills, so how long until I can have unprotected sex again?

Hi Kathy, I just found your question so sorry if there was a delay. In my opinion, you were probably mostly protected but there is no 100% guarantee. Let me know if you found out anything yet. I don't recommend having sex if you don't want to get pregnant, there is no 100% guarantee that you won't get pregnant. So if you need a free pregnancy test, you can go to a local pregnancy center and get one. To find a center near you, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. I hope you will email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.