Birth Control/Interaction of Fioricet with Birth Control

Question
Hi there,

I'm on Necon 1/35 birth control. I recently just finished an inactive week (May 18-24) and started a new pill pack this past Sunday May 25. (This is my 3rd pill pack on this medication - I was on the mini-pill prior to this due to breastfeeding.)
Not recalling the interaction that takes place, I took 1 or 2 Fioricet over the weekend for a bad headache.

I'm now wondering if the Fioricet I took could significantly reduce the efficacy of my birth control (My husband and I were sexually active before I realized my mistake.)
Other than this goof up, I take my birth control every day at the same time.

How rapidly does Fioricet leave your system? To what extent does it cause a decrease in birth control effectiveness??

Thanks in advance for your input!

Answer
After reading your question, I looked this up.  There are warnings that Fioricet can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.  I had never heard this before, and I doubt that many doctors are aware of it.  I'm dubious that the effect would be much, especially just taking 1 or 2 pills.  I wouldn't be very worried, but it's good to be aware of the possibility.

Birth Control

Norman Solberg