Birth Control/Placebo Pills

Hello, I am a 19 year old college student and have been on birth control for about 8-9 months. I'm going home next weekend to see my boyfriend and it's unfortunately the same days that I have my scheduled period. I don't get to go home very often and I really don't want to make things awkward if I am on my period at that time so I wanted to see if I could either take my placebo pills this weekend and have my period then or have it the week after or just skip it all together for this month?

I know that skipping a period is kind of dangerous for your health and that it may not be very good if I change it around but I just don't want to worry about it for the few days that I'm going to be home so I wanted to see what the best solution would be?

Thanks in advance.

I am so sorry that I got this question late. What did you end up doing? Of course, I would recommend not having sex before marriage to prevent pregnancy and possible Stds. I'm glad that you know that skipping a period is not healthy. Write me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.