Birth Control Pills/Missed Periods/Birth Control Pills

Question
Hello. My friend does not speak English well and she would like me to communicate to you what her OB GYN issue is. She is 14 years old and she first started her periods at the start of 2012. This is what she said to me with the English cleaned up: "I have not had a period in 6 months. I went to a gynecologist and she gave me hormone pills containing estrogen. I forgot the exact way and dose and now there's a complete stoppage of my periods due to over dosage of that hormone pill. I went to another doctor and she said one ovary is not functioning properly due to medicines I took and that's why I am physically and mentally immature. I don't look or behave like a 14 year-old girl." She has never been with a man before, so can you tell me what is happening to her?

Answer
Are you saying that your friend was given hormone pills because of not having a period in 6 months? She will need to go to another doctor and get a second opinion. This could be serious. Does she need to tell her mother? I would urge her to tell her mom or parents and then consult a doctor again. Please let me know what happens. You can email me at CHERYL51@aol.com

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control Pills

Diane Cheryl