Birth Control Pills/5 Months on Pills

Question
For the past 4/5 days I have been bleeding irregularly. I know for sure that it is not my period, my period begins the last Monday of every month (which would be tomorrow August 19, 2013) I have been on birth control for 5 months now with no issues. I usually have very heavy periods, this bleeding has been extremely light (too light to even qualify as a period) and the blood is a dark brown, as if it is very old. I am sexually active, I last had sex three weeks ago. There have been no other issues accompanying this bleeding except some mild cramping time to time. Is it possible I am pregnant? Or could this be an infection? Or something related to the birth control pills I am on?

Thank you,
Darcy

Answer
Hi Darcy, Sorry for the delay. Did you find out anything yet? You can email me at CHERYL51@aol.com and update me. There can be breakthrough bleeding when you are on the birth control pill. This can be due to the hormones in the pills. I usually don't recommend hormonal birth control methods because of these side effects. Or it could be pregnancy or infection. You should go to a pregnancy resource center if you want to get a FREE pregnancy test. You can find a location by going to http://www.optionline.org or http://www.heartbeatservices.org and click on the worldwide directory. So let me know what happens. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control Pills

Diane Cheryl