Blindness/Visual Impairment/Maculardegeneration

Question
QUESTION: Hello

I am asking advice for a friend in her early 40's who suffers from Macula Degeneration. She tells me she also has pressure in her eyes due to glaucoma. Her vision is -20 in the right eye and -10 in the left. She also suffers from double vision and squinting. She has had surgery in her eyes and has had IOL lenses fitted into both eyes. She says she is slowly going blind. Is there anything that modern technology can do to help her?
Many thanks

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: ANSWER: DEAR SAM

Thank you for your query

If she has got complete check up done from eye surgeon can you please tell me what is her exact Intraocular pressure  and what is cause of double vision and squinting whether glaucoma is NOT under control or it is macular degeneration which is causing the problem predominantly also does she have hypertension or diabetes, once you give me all her parameters i can guide you completely what will be next course of action

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072 - 9757197271

QUESTION: Hello
Thank you for replying to my question. I have managed to find out the following information although it is very vague.
My friend does not know what her exact intraocular pressure is in the eye only that it is being checked every 2 months.
With regards to her double vision: her right eye is so short sighted that both eyes stopped working together and her right eye muscles got lazy. Had operation but this did not correct it.
I think she has got glaucoma she says she was having drops but they were making her eyes red raw so she has stopped these.
She thinks it is macular degeneration that is causing the problem, she says she loses central vision but its not the main problem.
She does not have hypertension or diabetes.
The only paperwork she has is her eye prescription.
She says her right eye can never be fully corrected because the function nerve was never fully formed as a child because of the -20 vision. She wasn't told this until after she had the IOL. She was one of the worst cases Ultralase had ever done.

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR SAM

Thank you for your repeat query

I have read about your vague questions
now as an expert how do i reply to vague questions
if you can give me exact nature of problem with proper findings
and exact eye drops she is using what exact surgery has been done
i can guide you much much better
it will be better for her to go to an eye specialist and have proper and complete eye check up done
and once we have all proper parameters we can save her vision from further deterioration

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072  

Blindness/Visual Impairment

Dr Mannu C Rajnani