Blindness/Visual Impairment/cataract surgery

I had lasic surgery about 10 years ago and it has been wonderful.  I had mono vision one eye for far and one for near.  Now I have just had both eyes cataract surgery and I can see far but not near.  I work with computers, reading and a lot of close work and it is driving me crazy.
   After my eyes heal could I get one contact lens to restore the near vision?  Will it be a problem after this surgery. How long before the eyes are healed enough to get one?

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  

Thank you for your query
YOU have 2 solutions to your problem either
1] use glasses for reading smaller ones which you can keep on nose lower so when you just turn your eyes downwards you will be able to read near
2] as you said correctly yes CONTACT LENSES are solution either one contact lens to use MONOVISION one eye for distance and one for near BUT better would be if you can wesr multifocal lenses so you can use both eyes for distance as well as near

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

Blindness/Visual Impairment

Dr Mannu C Rajnani

I am a Laser Eye Surgeon specializing in LASIK-Excimer Laser to remove glasses permanently, Phacoemulsification-No stitch surgery to remove Cataract and insertion of Intraocular Lens, Glaucoma, Squint Surgeries, Laser for retina for hypertension and diabetes

Practicing since more than 27 years now and conducted thousands of surgeries for LASIK (waveguide), Cataract,Phacoemulsification, Glaucoma and Squint in anterior segment of the eye

DR MANNU LASER EYE SURGERIES At 1st Floor Saraswati Society Plot 433 TPS3 Khar(West) Bombay 400052 India,Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467&26007828 Mobile:91-9821032072 Bombay Ophthalmological Association, Maharashtra Ophthalmology Association All India Ophthalmology Association Glaucoma society of India Eye Trauma association of India

M.B.S., D.O.M.S., M.S.(Ophthalmology)