Blindness/Visual Impairment/Ocular Migraine

Question
QUESTION: Hello Doctor, I am 60 year old female who has been getting Ocular Migraines for over 30 years having them sometimes twice a day- having headaches sometimes but more often not. I had tests by doctors years ago for the Oculars and they advised me what it was and that  was fine. Well much has happened over the years and need advice now as I am getting really worried and it's scaring me especially when I see fragmented colours of pink blur green and other colours, it takes approximately 30 minutes before they go leaving me with light sensitivity for days and nausea wanting to vomit which is embarrassing me so much as most times I'm alone and in a public area. Please let me know if I have a major problem I am so worried and frightened. Do you think I have cancer. Thank you kindly. Regards Karen

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR KAREN

Thank you for your query
WHAT YOU need to do is
1] check if you have blood pressure or diabetes
2] get you intra ocular pressure checked from your eye doctor to see if you have any Glaucoma
3] check your vision is with corrective glasses your vision is improving to 6/6 normal
revert back to me with all measurements

please revert back to me if you have any additional query

Dr Mannu C Rajnani Dr Mannu Laser Eye Surgeries,
1st Floor Society  Plot 433 TPS3 15th Road Khar(West)Mumbai 400052  INDIA  
Tel:Hospital:91-22-26004467-26006801-26007828 / 919664101201
Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

QUESTION: Hello I've had my eyes checked and have no glaucoma and my optical eye is perfect. Have only had one spectacles update in 4 years but have been told I do have a problem with one of my eyes. I do not have diabetes and has been suggested that I may have vertical heterophoria. My blood pressure does go up during a panic attack. My sister and my young son also suffer this. Have had brain scans and everything is normal. I am worried and have only been told it''s stress. I do have low vitamin b12 and sinus could that have anything to do with it. Thank you.

Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
ANSWER: DEAR KAREN

Thank you for your follow up query
WHAT YOU need to do is
1] check you blood for B12 levels and since it causes weakness of nerves you shud be taking
Tab CENTRUM ( Pfizer) 1 daily for atleast 3-6 months which definitely will help
2] since you say you have problem in one of the eyes what exactly is the problem
3] heterophoria may improve once you take Centrum tablets wait for 3 months and see
4] if you have been told it is stress please try breathing exercises or YOGA to relieve stress and as such stress causes lots of health issues so try and avoid

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your caring assistance.   One eye goes up and out - do you think that I may need prism eyeglasses to correct the heterophoria?  Thank you about the B12, I intend to have blood tests shortly, see they feel my intrinsic factor is not working perhaps, still to be tested.  I had Graves Disease, and I overcame it myself after being on Neomercazole which is the drug that is used for overactive thyroid. I suffer panic disorder and use walking, gentle stretching exercises, breathing techniques and meditation and prayer for managing my stress.  Shortly I will be recommencing Thai Chi.  I do thank you for your caring and offer of assistance, it means so much to me.  It is a terrible feeling and your kind words help me, thank you kindly.  Regards Karen

Answer
Dr Mannu C Rajnani
Dr Mannu C Rajnani  
DEAR KAREN

Thank you for your follow up query
WHAT YOU need to do is
1] FIRST YOU check you blood for B12 levels   
2] START TAKING Tab CENTRUM ( Pfizer) 1 daily for atleast 3-6 months which definitely will help
3] WAIT FOR SOME TIME N SEE MOSTLY WILL IMPROVE WITH THIS

Dr's Mobile:91-9821032072

Blindness/Visual Impairment

Dr Mannu C Rajnani